Should my Form 1099 MISC income be reported on Schedule C ?

If it's income that isn't subject to self-employment taxes, then it is considered miscellaneous income shown on the line labeled "Other Income" on Form 1040.

If it's for work you did on the side, such as consulting income or any type of income that you received for services you did, then it is shown on Schedule C and requires self-employment taxes to be paid.

Deluxe Edition

Includes All Free Features PLUS:

Audit Assist

Protect your taxes with Audit Assist!

Our tax professionals will assist you if you are audited by the IRS. Get the peace of mind that comes from knowing you are covered.

Included with DELUXE...
Find out More!

Free Edition

FREE Federal, FREE e-file

Our online application is designed to be simple and fast. Most returns can be completed within 30 minutes. No software to download. Use any computer that has an internet connection.

© 2002-2015 FreeTaxUSA, a TaxHawk, Inc. owned and operated website - Terms of Use