Do I need Form 1098-T from my child's college before I can claim the American Opportunity Credit, Lifetime Learning Credit, or Education Deduction?

No. There is no requirement that you receive Form 1098-T before you claim the American Opportunity Credit, Lifetime Learning Credit or the Education Deduction. If you know the amount of tuition paid to the college you can enter that amount on the Additional Tuition Expenses screen in the College Tuition (Form 1098-T) section.

Deluxe Edition

Includes All Free Features PLUS:

Audit Assist

Protect your taxes with Audit Assist!

Our tax professionals will assist you if you are audited by the IRS. Get the peace of mind that comes from knowing you are covered.

Included with DELUXE...
Find out More!

Free Edition

FREE Federal, FREE e-file

Our online application is designed to be simple and fast. Most returns can be completed within 30 minutes. No software to download. Use any computer that has an internet connection.

© 2002-2015 FreeTaxUSA, a TaxHawk, Inc. owned and operated website - Terms of Use