What if I forgot my password for the current or previous year's account?

Please click on the "Forgot Password" link on the Sign In screen. You will be prompted to enter your username, Social Security number and answer your security questions that you selected when you set up your account. If answered correctly, an email with a temporary password will be sent to the email address you entered when you set up your account. If your email address is no longer valid, select the Change Account Email Address link on the Forgot Password page and follow the instructions to change your email address. Once you have a temporary password, you can change it by logging into the year for which it was given, and then selecting Change Password in the Account menu, and following the instructions.

Trusted Company

14 Million Returns Filed

As an authorized IRS e-file provider, FreeTaxUSA® has e-filed over 14 million returns!

Best Value

File your federal taxes for FREE.
Add a state return for only $12.95.
Get the best value online!

Fast Refund

Get the fastest refund possible!

FreeTaxUSA provides the fastest way to get your refund when you use IRS e-file and direct deposit.

100% Accuracy

Our site checks for errors or problems before you send your tax return to the IRS. We guarantee the calculations in our software will be 100% accurate.

© 2002-2015 FreeTaxUSA, a TaxHawk, Inc. owned and operated website - Terms of Use