I already filed my federal tax return elsewhere. Can I e-file only my state return?

No, but you can still mail your state return. You will still need to fill in all of your federal tax information as shown on the federal tax return you already mailed in or e-filed since the federal information is the starting point for state returns. Make sure the federal tax return on your account matches the federal tax return you mailed or e-filed already.

When you get near the end of the program to the Filing Method screen, choose to mail your federal return. After you click the Send Tax Return button, you will go to a screen that tells you about mailing your federal tax return, but you can ignore those instructions since you already filed your federal return.

Trusted Company

14 Million Returns Filed

As an authorized IRS e-file provider, FreeTaxUSA® has e-filed over 14 million returns!

Best Value

File your federal taxes for FREE.
Add a state return for only $12.95.
Get the best value online!

Fast Refund

Get the fastest refund possible!

FreeTaxUSA provides the fastest way to get your refund when you use IRS e-file and direct deposit.

100% Accuracy

Our site checks for errors or problems before you send your tax return to the IRS. We guarantee the calculations in our software will be 100% accurate.

© 2002-2015 FreeTaxUSA, a TaxHawk, Inc. owned and operated website - Terms of Use