What are some examples of Other Additions?

Retirement Plan Lump-Sum Distributions
Enter the taxable amount of a lump-sum distribution from a retirement plan reported on federal Form 4972. The amount subject to Idaho tax includes the ordinary income portion and the amount eligible for the federal capital gain election. Part-year Residents: In the Idaho column enter the amount received while an Idaho resident.

Partner and Shareholder Additions
Enter the amount from Form ID K-1, Part B, Line 4. Part-year/Nonresidents: In the Idaho column enter your share of other additions from Form ID K-1, Part B, Line 4. This is usually the amount of other additions included on Form ID K-1, Part B, Line 4 multiplied by the percentage shown on Form ID K-1, Part A, Line 1.

Idaho Medical Savings Account Withdrawals
If you withdraw funds from an Idaho Medical Savings Account and don't use the funds to pay eligible medical expenses, the withdrawal is subject to Idaho tax. Eligible medical expenses include medical, vision and dental care, medical insurance premiums, and long-term care expenses. Enter the amount of withdrawal not used to pay eligible medical expenses. Part-year/Nonresidents: Enter this amount in both the federal and Idaho columns.

Non-Idaho Passive Losses
If you claimed a passive loss that was incurred from activities not taxable by Idaho or before you became an Idaho resident, enter the amount reported on your federal return.Part-year Resident:In the Idaho column, enter the losses incurred you were an Idaho resident.

Trusted Company

14 Million Returns Filed

As an authorized IRS e-file provider, FreeTaxUSA® has e-filed over 14 million returns!

Best Value

File your federal taxes for FREE.
Add a state return for only $12.95.
Get the best value online!

Fast Refund

Get the fastest refund possible!

FreeTaxUSA provides the fastest way to get your refund when you use IRS e-file and direct deposit.

100% Accuracy

Our site checks for errors or problems before you send your tax return to the IRS. We guarantee the calculations in our software will be 100% accurate.

© 2002-2015 FreeTaxUSA, a TaxHawk, Inc. owned and operated website - Terms of Use