My ex-spouse claims my child as a dependent, but my child lives with me. Can I still claim the Child and Dependent Care Credit?

If you are the parent who had custody of your child for the greater part of the year (the custodial parent), you can claim the Child and Dependent Care Credit even if your divorce decree allows your ex-spouse to claim the child as a dependent.

Deluxe Edition

Includes All Free Features PLUS:

Audit Assist

Protect your taxes with Audit Assist!

Our tax professionals will assist you if you are audited by the IRS. Get the peace of mind that comes from knowing you are covered.

Included with DELUXE...
Find out More!

Free Edition

FREE Federal, FREE e-file

Our online application is designed to be simple and fast. Most returns can be completed within 30 minutes. No software to download. Use any computer that has an internet connection.

© 2002-2015 FreeTaxUSA, a TaxHawk, Inc. owned and operated website - Terms of Use