How do I enter unreimbursed partnership expenses?

You can deduct unreimbursed ordinary and necessary partnership expenses you paid on behalf of the partnership if you were required to pay these expenses under the partnership agreement (except amounts deductible only as itemized deductions, which you must enter on Schedule A).

Enter your Partnership K-1 first, then create a second partnership record to enter the unreimbursed partnership expenses. Enter UPE (unreimbursed partnership expenses) as the Name of Partnership. Enter the amount of the unreimbursed job expenses as a loss on the Ordinary Business Income (Loss) line with a negative sign in front of the expense number so it is treated as a loss. This will make the unreimbursed partnership expenses show up on a separate line than your regular partnership K-1 income on Schedule E page 2 of your tax return which is how the IRS wants it shown.

Trusted Company

14 Million Returns Filed

As an authorized IRS e-file provider, FreeTaxUSA® has e-filed over 14 million returns!

Best Value

File your federal taxes for FREE.
Add a state return for only $12.95.
Get the best value online!

Fast Refund

Get the fastest refund possible!

FreeTaxUSA provides the fastest way to get your refund when you use IRS e-file and direct deposit.

100% Accuracy

Our site checks for errors or problems before you send your tax return to the IRS. We guarantee the calculations in our software will be 100% accurate.

© 2002-2015 FreeTaxUSA, a TaxHawk, Inc. owned and operated website - Terms of Use