Where do I enter long-term and short-term capital gains distributions?

Capital gain distributions are reported on Form 1099-DIV. Go to Income on the menu bar, Common Income on the drop-down menu, and click on Dividend Income (1099-DIV).

If you haven't received a 1099-DIV from your mutual fund, you need to get one from them so you know how much to report.

Trusted Company

14 Million Returns Filed

As an authorized IRS e-file provider, FreeTaxUSA® has e-filed over 14 million returns!

Best Value

File your federal taxes for FREE.
Add a state return for only $12.95.
Get the best value online!

Fast Refund

Get the fastest refund possible!

FreeTaxUSA provides the fastest way to get your refund when you use IRS e-file and direct deposit.

100% Accuracy

Our site checks for errors or problems before you send your tax return to the IRS. We guarantee the calculations in our software will be 100% accurate.

© 2002-2015 FreeTaxUSA, a TaxHawk, Inc. owned and operated website - Terms of Use