What should I enter for general property tax paid?

If you own your mobile home or manufactured home, enter the personal property taxes you paid on your home, as well as the general property tax you paid on the land. However, if you rented the land or lot on which your mobile home sits, only enter property tax paid on the home. You may not claim the general property tax paid on the rented property.

If your homestead is part of a farm covered by a single property tax statement, you may use only the general property tax paid on the homesite.

You are NOT required to submit a copy of your 2014 property tax statement with Form K-40H. However, you may be asked to provide this documentation at a later time in order to verify your refund claim.

If you are asked to provide a copy of your property tax statement, you must submit a copy of your 2014 statement (not a basic receipt) to verify the general property tax amount. This copy will not be returned. A property tax receipt that contains a breakdown of property tax among the general tax, special tax, fees, etc. (such as a receipt that is an exact copy of the statement) is acceptable.

Note: The annual statement from your mortgage company and property tax receipts are NOT acceptable. If you do not have a copy of your property tax statement, contact your county clerk.

Deluxe Edition

Includes All Free Features PLUS:

Audit Assist

Protect your taxes with Audit Assist!

Our tax professionals will assist you if you are audited by the IRS. Get the peace of mind that comes from knowing you are covered.

Included with DELUXE...
Find out More!

Free Edition

FREE Federal, FREE e-file

Our online application is designed to be simple and fast. Most returns can be completed within 30 minutes. No software to download. Use any computer that has an internet connection.

© 2002-2015 FreeTaxUSA, a TaxHawk, Inc. owned and operated website - Terms of Use