How do I file an extension (Form 4868) with the IRS?

If you need to file an extension with the IRS, sign in to your account and click Account > 2014 Extension or Account > What Would You Like to Do > then choose the Begin your 2014 Extension.

Once you have started entering your extension information, you can navigate directly to it from Account on the menu bar, 2014 Extension on the menu and select the screen you need.

Trusted Company

14 Million Returns Filed

As an authorized IRS e-file provider, FreeTaxUSA® has e-filed over 14 million returns!

Best Value

File your federal taxes for FREE.
Add a state return for only $12.95.
Get the best value online!

Fast Refund

Get the fastest refund possible!

FreeTaxUSA provides the fastest way to get your refund when you use IRS e-file and direct deposit.

100% Accuracy

Our site checks for errors or problems before you send your tax return to the IRS. We guarantee the calculations in our software will be 100% accurate.

© 2002-2015 FreeTaxUSA, a TaxHawk, Inc. owned and operated website - Terms of Use