Where do I enter my expenses for the National Guard Deduction?

You need to enter them in the Itemized Deduction section under the Unreimbursed Job Expenses screen and select "Yes" to the question at the bottom of the Unreimbursed Job Expenses screen that asks if part or all of the expenses entered on the screen relate to unreimbursed travel expenses for National Guard or reserve members.

The national guard expenses will be deducted even if you do not itemize your deductions.

Deluxe Edition

Includes All Free Features PLUS:

Audit Assist

Protect your taxes with Audit Assist!

Our tax professionals will assist you if you are audited by the IRS. Get the peace of mind that comes from knowing you are covered.

Included with DELUXE...
Find out More!

Free Edition

FREE Federal, FREE e-file

Our online application is designed to be simple and fast. Most returns can be completed within 30 minutes. No software to download. Use any computer that has an internet connection.

© 2002-2015 FreeTaxUSA, a TaxHawk, Inc. owned and operated website - Terms of Use