Where do I enter my child's Social Security income?

You don't report your child's Social Security income on your tax return. Your child would report it on their own tax return if they even need to file a tax return. Most children do NOT need to file a tax return even if they receive Social Security benefits. Usually, the only exceptions are if they are working and have a W-2 (W2) or if they have more than $1,000 in interest or dividend income.

Deluxe Edition

Includes All Free Features PLUS:

Audit Assist

Protect your taxes with Audit Assist!

Our tax professionals will assist you if you are audited by the IRS. Get the peace of mind that comes from knowing you are covered.

Included with DELUXE...
Find out More!

Free Edition

FREE Federal, FREE e-file

Our online application is designed to be simple and fast. Most returns can be completed within 30 minutes. No software to download. Use any computer that has an internet connection.

© 2002-2015 FreeTaxUSA, a TaxHawk, Inc. owned and operated website - Terms of Use