You do not have to be 65 or older to be eligible for this rebate. If you are a Los Alamos or Santa Fe county resident who is age 65 or older on the last day of the tax year, you may be eligible for this rebate AND the Property Tax Rebate for Persons 65 or Older. You must attach a property tax statement to your return if the mailing address on your 2014 Form PIT-1 is not a Los Alamos or Santa Fe county address.
To qualify for the rebate, you must meet ALL of the following requirements:
- Had a principal place of residence in Los Alamos or Santa Fe county
- Had a modified gross income of $24,000 or less
- Was a resident of New Mexico during the tax year
- Was physically present in New Mexico for at least six months during 2014
- Was neither eligible to be claimed, nor actually claimed, as a dependent of another taxpayer for 2014
- Was not an inmate of a public institution for more than six months during 2014