Do I qualify to deduct income if I'm 100 years or older?

The income of a person 100 years old or older is exempt from New Mexico income tax if the centenarian cannot be claimed as a dependent by someone else.

To qualify, you or your spouse must be 100 years or older at the end of the tax year for which you claim the exemption.

Unmarried centenarians do not need to file a return unless they want to claim rebates and credits available for low-income filers.

Married Centenarians

New Mexico is a community property state. Rules are different for married 100-year-olds. Married centenarians filing jointly or separately may exempt half of all community income and all of the centenarian's separate income. If you report an exemption for more, or less, than 50% of total joint income, attach a statement showing a correct division of community and separate income and payments.

Persons 100 years old or older may not claim combined exemptions and deductions for more than 100% of income.

Trusted Company

14 Million Returns Filed

As an authorized IRS e-file provider, FreeTaxUSA® has e-filed over 14 million returns!

Best Value

File your federal taxes for FREE.
Add a state return for only $12.95.
Get the best value online!

Fast Refund

Get the fastest refund possible!

FreeTaxUSA provides the fastest way to get your refund when you use IRS e-file and direct deposit.

100% Accuracy

Our site checks for errors or problems before you send your tax return to the IRS. We guarantee the calculations in our software will be 100% accurate.

© 2002-2015 FreeTaxUSA, a TaxHawk, Inc. owned and operated website - Terms of Use