Can I deduct my gains from capital transactions?

A qualified taxpayer may deduct 5% of the short-term and long-term capital gain on a transaction if the following applies:
  • The gain occurs on or after January 1, 2008.
  • At least 70% of the proceeds of the capital gain transaction are used to purchase qualifying stock in a Utah small business corporation within 12 months from when the gain was recognized.
  • The individual did not have an ownership interest in the Utah small business corporation that issued the qualifying stock.
See Utah's website for more information.

Trusted Company

14 Million Returns Filed

As an authorized IRS e-file provider, FreeTaxUSA® has e-filed over 14 million returns!

Best Value

File your federal taxes for FREE.
Add a state return for only $12.95.
Get the best value online!

Fast Refund

Get the fastest refund possible!

FreeTaxUSA provides the fastest way to get your refund when you use IRS e-file and direct deposit.

100% Accuracy

Our site checks for errors or problems before you send your tax return to the IRS. We guarantee the calculations in our software will be 100% accurate.

© 2002-2015 FreeTaxUSA, a TaxHawk, Inc. owned and operated website - Terms of Use