Why is my credit card being declined?

On the Payment screen, make sure that you enter the name exactly as it appears on the credit card and the billing address as it appears on the credit card statement. The taxpayer's name and address will automatically flow onto the Payment screen, but if you are using a credit card that has a different name or address than what is shown on the tax return, you need to type in the name and address for that credit card on the Payment screen instead of using the tax return name and address.

Also make sure the Card Code (the three or four digit number, that is usually on the back of the card) is entered correctly.

Trusted Company

14 Million Returns Filed

As an authorized IRS e-file provider, FreeTaxUSA® has e-filed over 14 million returns!

Best Value

File your federal taxes for FREE.
Add a state return for only $12.95.
Get the best value online!

Fast Refund

Get the fastest refund possible!

FreeTaxUSA provides the fastest way to get your refund when you use IRS e-file and direct deposit.

100% Accuracy

Our site checks for errors or problems before you send your tax return to the IRS. We guarantee the calculations in our software will be 100% accurate.

© 2002-2015 FreeTaxUSA, a TaxHawk, Inc. owned and operated website - Terms of Use