Are contributions made by my employer included in my income?

Contributions to your HSA made by your employer are NOT included in your income. You can claim contributions you made and contributions made by any other person other than your employer on your behalf, as an adjustment to income. However, if you made employee contributions to your HSA plan as part of a cafeteria plan, then those contributions are already included in Box 12 of your W-2 (W2) with code "W" and are considered employer contributions. A cafeteria plan contribution already has reduced your Box 1 W-2 (W2) wages by the amount of any contributions you made to your HSA plan, so you are not eligible for a separate HSA Deduction on your Form 1040.

Trusted Company

14 Million Returns Filed

As an authorized IRS e-file provider, FreeTaxUSA® has e-filed over 14 million returns!

Best Value

File your federal taxes for FREE.
Add a state return for only $12.95.
Get the best value online!

Fast Refund

Get the fastest refund possible!

FreeTaxUSA provides the fastest way to get your refund when you use IRS e-file and direct deposit.

100% Accuracy

Our site checks for errors or problems before you send your tax return to the IRS. We guarantee the calculations in our software will be 100% accurate.

© 2002-2015 FreeTaxUSA, a TaxHawk, Inc. owned and operated website - Terms of Use