Are contributions made by my employer included in my income?

Contributions to your HSA made by your employer are NOT included in your income. You can claim contributions you made and contributions made by any other person other than your employer on your behalf, as an adjustment to income. However, if you made employee contributions to your HSA plan as part of a cafeteria plan, then those contributions are already included in Box 12 of your W-2 (W2) with code "W" and are considered employer contributions. A cafeteria plan contribution already has reduced your Box 1 W-2 (W2) wages by the amount of any contributions you made to your HSA plan, so you are not eligible for a separate HSA Deduction on your Form 1040.

Deluxe Edition

Includes All Free Features PLUS:

Audit Assist

Protect your taxes with Audit Assist!

Our tax professionals will assist you if you are audited by the IRS. Get the peace of mind that comes from knowing you are covered.

Included with DELUXE...
Find out More!

Free Edition

FREE Federal, FREE e-file

Our online application is designed to be simple and fast. Most returns can be completed within 30 minutes. No software to download. Use any computer that has an internet connection.

© 2002-2015 FreeTaxUSA, a TaxHawk, Inc. owned and operated website - Terms of Use