How do I claim the Loss of Use of Limbs Credit?

If you have a permanent and complete loss of the use of two or more limbs, you may take a $50 tax credit. Your spouse also may claim a $50 credit if he or she qualifies. You can't claim this credit for a dependent.

Obtain a disability certification form the first year you file for the credit. Contact your county public health officer for the form. The health officer must sign the form. Keep the form with your permanent health records for future years in which you take this credit.

Trusted Company

14 Million Returns Filed

As an authorized IRS e-file provider, FreeTaxUSA® has e-filed over 14 million returns!

Best Value

File your federal taxes for FREE.
Add a state return for only $12.95.
Get the best value online!

Fast Refund

Get the fastest refund possible!

FreeTaxUSA provides the fastest way to get your refund when you use IRS e-file and direct deposit.

100% Accuracy

Our site checks for errors or problems before you send your tax return to the IRS. We guarantee the calculations in our software will be 100% accurate.

© 2002-2015 FreeTaxUSA, a TaxHawk, Inc. owned and operated website - Terms of Use